10 reasons to call us your financial planner:
1. Our advisors are Certified Financial Planners and you work directly with them. CFPs make a committment to meeting your needs first and believe you have rights as a client
2. SFP is compensated only by you, meaning you won’t be recommended something just because the advisor will get a commission. All recommendations are made in your best interest, not SFP or its advisors, and all fees are disclosed. SFP receives no commissions. This is part of our fiduciary oath. Read more about Fee-Only advisors and shopping for a planner.
3. Investment fees are kept low, meaning more of your money is working for you and not going into commissions. SFP is able to do this through the use of exchange-traded funds that can be 10 times less expensive than average mutual funds.
4. SFP uses indexed investments that are passive versus active investments that try to beat the market but often fail. Management is based on Modern Portfolio Theory to develop efficient diversified portfolios, a strategy that won the Nobel Prize in Economics in 1990.
5. You get more than investment management. SFP advises on all aspects of financial decisions including home purchases, car buying, business start-up, career planning, college planning, estate planning, charitable giving, tax planning and more.
6. State-of-the-art technology provides you with the most advanced online tools for financial planning and collaborating with advisors, no matter where you live.
7. All financial plans begin with Life Planning, which explores your life’s values, goals and beliefs to develop a more meaningful plan that fits your life.
8. SFP helps you take the emotions out of financial decision-making by leading based on facts and academic research, not what one is feeling. Emotional influence is the No. 1 cause of poor decisions. SFP encourages dollar-cost averaging as a start in removing emotions from investing.
9. Advisors seek out educational opportunities to remain up to date on the latest changes in financial issues. Each CFP has a minimum requirement for continuing education, and SFP’s advisors exceed those requirements.
10. You have an advisor for life. SFP has strong, stable roots in Plano, Texas, and will be there for you wherever you go in life.