10 reasons to call us your financial planner:
1. Our advisors are CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professionals and clients of SFP work directly with them. CFP® professionals make a commitment to meeting your needs first and believe that their clients deserve the highest level of care.
2. SFP is compensated only by you, meaning you won’t be recommended something just because the advisor will get a commission. In fact, SFP receives no commissions. All recommendations are made in your best interest, not SFP nor its advisors, and all fees are disclosed. This is part of our fiduciary oath. Read more about fee-only advisors and shopping for a financial planner.
3. Investment fees are kept low, meaning more of your money is working for you and not going into commissions. SFP is able to do this through the use of low-cost investments that can be 10 times less expensive than average mutual funds.
4. SFP uses primarily indexed investments that are predominantly passive investments, in contrast to active investments that try to beat the market but often fail. Management is based on Modern Portfolio Theory to develop efficient, diversified portfolios, a strategy that won the Nobel Prize in Economics in 1990.
5. You get more than investment management. SFP advises on all aspects of clients' financial decisions including home purchases, car buying, business start-up, career planning, college planning, estate planning, charitable giving, tax planning and more.
6. State-of-the-art technology provides you with the most advanced online tools for financial planning and collaborating with advisors, no matter where you live.
7. All financial plans begin with Life Planning, which explores your values, goals and beliefs to develop a more meaningful plan that fits your life.
8. SFP helps you take the emotions out of financial decision-making by leading based on facts and academic research, not what one is feeling. Emotional influence is the primary cause of poor decisions. SFP encourages dollar-cost averaging as a start in removing emotions from investing.
9. Advisors seek out educational opportunities to remain up to date on the latest changes in financial issues. Each CFP® professional has a minimum requirement for continuing education, and SFP’s advisors exceed those requirements.
10. You have an advisor for life. SFP has strong, stable roots in the DFW metroplex, and will be there for you wherever life takes you.