Neither rankings and/or recognitions by unaffiliated rating services, publications, media, or other organizations, nor the achievement of any professional designation certification, degree, or license, membership in any professional organization, or any amount of prior experience or success, should be construed by a client or prospective client as a guarantee that he/she will experience a certain level of results if SFP is engaged, or continues to be engaged, to provide investment advisory services. Rankings published by magazines, and others, generally base their selections exclusively on information prepared and/or submitted by the recognized adviser. Rankings are generally limited to participating advisers (see participation criteria/methodology). Unless expressly indicated to the contrary, SFP did not pay a fee to be included on any such ranking. No ranking or recognition should be construed as a current or past endorsement of SFP by any of its clients.
Selection Criteria/Methodology for Awards
D Magazine Best Financial Planners Award
From D Magazine Research Editor:
- D Magazine asked every Certified Financial Planner in the Dallas-Fort Worth chapter of the Financial Planning Association to cast an online ballot.
- They were asked to name peers, both inside and outside their firms, whom they considered to be the most skilled and experienced financial planners in the industry.
- Outside-firm votes counted more than inside-firm votes.
- Self-nominations were tossed out.
- A panel of esteemed local financial planners reviewed the list.
- Only CFPs made the list.
- A total of 772 votes were cast, and 254 individuals were nominated. Of these, 95 were selected.
AICPA Personal Financial Planning Standing Ovation Award
From AICPA press release:
- The AICPA’s Standing Ovation program recognizes young CPAs who exhibit exemplary professional achievement in personal financial planning, business valuation and forensic accounting, and information management and technology assurance.
- Beyond making a notable contribution to the profession, nomination requirements include maintaining an active CPA license, being an AICPA member in good standing and holding either the Personal Financial Specialist (PFS), Certified Information Technology Professional (CITP), Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF), or Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV) credential.
- Nominees must also be 40 years old or younger.
Five Star Wealth Manager
- Please see selection process here
Money Quotient Ken Gillaspie Legacy Fund Fundamentals of True Wealth Scholarship
- Members of the Money Quotient Advisory Board comprise the selection committee.
- The committee reviews applications and selects scholarship recipient(s).
FPA DFW NexGen Gathering Scholarship and E.W. Woody Young CFP® Exam Scholarship
These are merit-based awards, and financial need is not a consideration. For an applicant to be eligible, all of the following qualifications must be met:
- Currently enrolled in, or graduated from, a financial planning degree or certificate curriculum administered by an accredited university/program (registered with the CFP Board)
- Connection to DFW either as a result of completing a Texas-based University/program for CFP® education, or living in Dallas Fort Worth metroplex and completing an online CFP® university/program
- Intention to take all required courses for the CFP Board’s certification examination and fulfill all requirements to become a CFP® professional
- Complete and submit the application package
- Pass the CFP® exam (exam scholarship only)